Sunday, January 15, 2006

President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sometime during the week of January 1-7, 2006, Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley attended the annual Deseret Morning News Board of Directors Holiday Dinner. Reporter Jerry Johnson of the Deseret Morning News, and Mr. Johnston's wife, had the wonderful (random) opportunity to sit by Pres. Hinckley while they ate.

This delightful article shares some of the dinner conversation shared between the Johnstons and Pres. Hinckley.

One of my favorite sections of the article was the following:

"At one point the conversation turned to high school. I asked President Hinckley if he'd played sports. He said, 'no.' I asked if he performed in high school plays. 'No,' he said.

"I asked what he'd done in high school.

"There was a twinkle. 'I went to school,' he said."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home